- The Student shall give the Academy & Teacher at least 24 hours notice for any cancellation or rescheduling of classes.
- For any uninformed or short notice (less than 24 hours) cancellations, the Student shall be deemed as absent, and no replacement class or fee refund will be given. Exceptions may be considered for medical emergencies.
- Any lessons cancelled by the teacher due to illness, emergencies or performances will be replaced by arrangement between the Student and Teacher.
- Replacement class could be conducted in either online or f2f mode based on mutual agreement between Teacher and Student.
- The Student is entitled to 4 lessons per month.
- Fees must be paid by the 7th of every month.
- The Student shall update the Academy on any changes in contact details immediately to avoid any inconvenience.
- One month prior notice is required to discontinue from lessons.
This is a training designed to guide current / future flute teachers how to teach flute, especially teaching beginners. I’ve noticed many flute major graduates do not have an idea on how to conduct a flute lesson for beginner students, or may have experienced some of the issue below:
– Why my student progressing so slow?
– Student learn for few months then decided to stop lesson, whats wrong?
– My student cant understand my teaching.
– My student doesn’t have motivation in practice.
– What should I teach in the lesson?
– How to find / select teaching material?
– What is the difference between teaching kids or adult?
– Should I & when should I send my student for exam?
– Am I qualified to teach?
So, to assist you to become a better flute teacher, I have come out with the idea of conducting a 16-weeks flute pedagogy training, which most likely will start around May/June 2022, the training will happen once in a week, each session around 1.5~2 hours.
Only one training will be conducted this year, and might not doing it again in 2023.
Topics covered in the training:
– All the issues stated above
– Testimonial / demonstration on teaching a student
– How to write lesson plan?
– How to structure a lesson?
– Handling relationship between students & parents
– Professional image management
– Teacher’s etiquette
– How to teach intermediate & advance student?
– Sufficient teaching materials for you to cover at least beginner-grade 2 teaching
RM1600 RM600 for 16 sessions (one time payment)
– Maximum capacity 8, first come first serve
Update: 2 seats left only-
– The Flute Store Malaysia, Taman Mayang Jaya, PJ.
Time & date:
– Every Thursday 2-4pm
– Starting from middle of May or beginning of June
More exciting content coming soon, stay tuned.